24 de abril de 2012

Cartoon: A teacher is skeptical about the powers of differentiation.



Differentiated Instruction by Teachbad

50,250 
   
Uploaded by  on Oct 25, 2010
A teacher is skeptical about the powers of differentiation.

Top Comments

  • Are you sure your student doesn't have a head? We will need to do a FBA and collect data for at least 60 days so we can then set up an appointment to evaluate your student to see if he really does not have a head. This evaluation should take place within 60 days from the time we determine it needs to be done. We probably will definitely be able to determine whether your student has a head by the end of the year. Then we will be able to provide him with the help he needs....
  • Love this! You can't possibly get it unless you are an educator. My favorite line of dialogue is: "Are you saying that if I make my class both easier and more difficult at the same time that my student will grow a new head?"
    It reflects the incomprehensible things we are often asked to do as teachers! BRAVO!
see all

All Comments (31)

jorge13jorge13
  • Sounds alot like one of those gee-whiz ideas that management comes up with in other fields. I think that management theory is actually just a system of rationalization for managers thinking they know more than front-line workers about the actual tasks. Managers don't seem to comprehend that they have a specific role, not a universal one that applies to all the activities. They are one part, not a sum of all the parts.
  • I was a kid right at the start of the whole trend to elevate self-esteem. Early on, in Grade 1, I challenged it. "You can do anything you put your mind to," teacher said. "You can't jump over the moon!!" I replied. Still valid as far as I'm concerned.
    There's really nothing wrong with acknowledging reasonable limits - I mean, that is the whole of what a child is trying to do, find limits and explore boundaries. Why do we promote such obvious untruths that even small children can see through?
  • easier? no, "accessible" i chuckled
  • I can't believe I chuckled listened to their dialogue. What does she mean, her student doesn't have a head? Is she calling her student brainless/stupid? That teacher is clearly pessimistic toward her students. Maybe they ought to replace her with me. :-)
    Please, visit my YouTube channel: Miss Nz Classroom
    Thank you for your support!
    - Miss N.
  • So real! So real!
  • As a 30-year HS teaching veteran, I hate to say it, but this is
    a little too close to reality to be purely funny.
    Yes, I laugh.
    But I cry a little too.
    This is reality.
    Honest-to-God.
    Believe it.
    No real exaggeration there at all.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário